The Mathematics Department (Junior section), as the name implies, is responsible for delivering the S1-S3 Mathematics curriculum stated in the EDB CDC curriculum guide.
Mathematics not only concerns with computation and problem solving, it also concerns with the fundamental element that lies in all human knowledge - logic. Moreover, Mathematics is also a language -
The Junior form curriculum is divided into 3 parts, which are to be taught in 3 years, from Grade 7 to Grade 9.
Click on the links below to go check out the respective materials.
- 14 Oct 2016 G7 Test Syllabus
Chapter 1 Directed Numbers and Number Line
Chapter 2 Introduction to Algebra
Chapter 3 Linear Equations in One Unknown
- 14 Oct 2016 G8 Test Syllabus
Ch2 Laws of Integral Indices (3A)
(Include solving Exponential Equations)
Ch2 Identities (2A)
Ch3 Factorization of Polynomials (2A)
(Up to section 3.2 Factorization by Using
the Identities of Difference of Two Squares
and Perfect Square)
- 14 Oct 2016 G9 Test Syllabus
Book 3B Ch.7 Percentages (II)
Book 3B Ch.10 Coordinate Geometry of Straight Lines
Book 1B Ch.11 Congruence and Similarity
- Here is some hints on typing Mathematics in this site - Mathematics Input.
- The Mathematics in this site is created with ASCIIMathML. It is best viewed under Firefox 2.0 or above. For most of other browsers, Mathematics is displayed using images, not very descent. In some cases, installation of some software like MathPlayer or AdobeSVG may help.
- This site uses Geogebra to create interactive materials. To use them, you also need to install Java.
You may contact our staff using the information here.
Department Head : Lai Hoi Yuen, Hilary (HYL)
- Chan Kwan Wai Sharon (SC)
- Cheung Wai Kei Vicky (WKC)
- Kwan Agatha (AK)
- Law Chi Keung Roy (CKL)
- Leung Sik Lun Larry (SLL)
- Ng Kwong Wing (KWN)
- Wong Chak Fung (CFW)